Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Happy Birthday!

 HB to my guy.  We have lots of special surprises for today.  ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹  We are the luckiest to have you.


Now, onto current events.   The inauguration went off without a hitch.  That was a big relief.   There are still lots of warnings about internal terrorists who have plans to disrupt "things", and the nations capitol and the state capitol has lots of extra security.  

What is interesting is that the same people who were going on and on about the election being rigged and stolen were pretty silent on the 6th, and are now bitching about all the extra military at the capitols.   I think they genuinely do NOT see a connection to their (support of) actions and the results.

It has been blissful with the former president not being able to tweet his hate for others, and his 'silence' is like a breath of fresh air.   It doesn't mean that the crazies aren't still crazy, but the news at the end of the day is about progress, rescinding hateful executive actions, and confirmations of  (GASP) qualified people to cabinet positions.   

I knew that with a new president that not everything would calm down, and it hasn't.   There are people who genuinely believe that the main stream media is filled with lies and that the election was faked.   I posted on facebook a story about a rule change that was adopted in late December early January that amongst other things allowed social service agencies to turn people away because of their sexual orientation.     A cousin of J's hopped right into it and attacked my post because my source was CNBC.  After I found and posted the actual rule change from the agency, this person went on with anger and vitriol.   

NBC says it so it must be true..... You are the Brainwashed and the Fascist bullies that want to force people to believe as you do! The media does no research and regurgitates what the AP says. #NotMyPresidentEver #resist

Then later, someone else, who I actually know popped in with this:

Yet you voted for a twice candidate who sold out his country to enrich his son and brother, who authored the crime bill which jailed more blacks than slavery, who eulogized a KKK member, and is beholden to China and is so secure in his "victory" he has 35k troops protecting the inauguration. You support everything you say you hate about Trump. Good luck with Joe.

 When I first read the first post I was taken aback by the missing of the point, but now that I read it again, he pretty clearly states that he doesn't agree that the rule change is wrong.   That's sad.  He has gay family members - maybe not his own kids but pretty close.  I'd bet my soul that Jesus wouldn't say "Feed the poor, except the homos, they are on their own."

As for the other guy, this is a great example of missing connections.   Why would troups be needed if people hadn't stormed the capitol, or weren't planning to do it again?   

I don't excuse past behavior, but I'd rather have a president who acknowledges that decisions made years ago aren't right anymore than one who does those things today and without apology.   

I'm sure someone will read this and rip me a new one or be pissed that I'm airing my opinions in public but I stand by my original point - discrimination based on anything including sexual orientation, gender, race is bad, and a government who is supposed to represent all the citizens should not allow it to happen.

No comments: