Pages

Friday, July 30, 2021

July 30, 2021

The world was opening up again, we went through a phase where it felt weird to wear a mask into a store, as if people would think that we weren't vaccinated. However, anytime we are with the kiddo masks are on, since she can't get the vaccine and must wear a mask, we will do it out of solidarity. There are still plenty of people in the US who have free and easy access to get the COVID-19 vaccine, but won't. To be honest it makes no sense to me. Yes, it's scary, and who can really trust the scientists who managed to come up with these injections after only a year of research, but then again...this pandemic stuff is real. People are dying, we know people who have died. I get that it's hard to trust the "government" when messages keep changing, but this is a new thing, and the longer this virus is studied, the more we will learn. 
 What I predict is that this summer is a bit of a repeat of last summer, people are outside, they feel free, but this pandemic is not over. The Delta variant is bad news, and per the news today, it looks as though vaccinated people can still be carriers/spreaders of it even without being sick. By the fall, I expect that we'll be back to masks 100% of the time, and while school may happen in person, it will still be masks and distancing, and maybe even the half day crap from last year. 

What I don't understand is how the people who are exercising their personal freedom to not get the vaccine still feel it's ok to want to meet up and mingle with the rest of the world. Sure, technically, as a vaccinated person I am less likley to get seriously ill from a C-19 infection, but our unvaccinated child could get seriously ill and that's a frightening scenario. It's awful to say no to meeting with people who we really care about over this, but Lucy's health is more important. 

In shoulder news, I have been given the clearance to lift and do whatever as long as it doesn't hurt. I'm still building strength and range of motion, but am about half-way back to normal. I've been better about doing the home exercises this time and it shows in my progress. Reaching behind my back still hurts like heck and it's my least favorite thing to work on. Naturally it's the least progress I've made. That says a lot about my personality. It hurts, it's hard, I don't do it and there's little progress. DERP.

No comments: