Pages

Monday, May 18, 2020

Perspectives

The list of things I am grateful for is endless.  My partner in this mess is pretty easy to be with, and our home is comfortable enough for us to all have our own spaces to nest in when needed.   We are both working, and homeschool while not perfect is going better.

Still, I am worried, and bored and heartbroken for all that is lost and changed.  Two of my neighborhood friends were laid off this week as a direct result of all this change.  One, a cruise consultant (salesperson) and the other a property manager, both very qualified and lovely people. 

While our employment is solid, I am not eager to spend any extra money and have been putting extra into our savings each month just in case.  We're back up to where we were before I had to bail out a family member out of a mess.  Still, I worry about:

1) Food shortages 
2) Income loss for families
3) Health concerns that aren't covid related.  Will we be safe to go to the ER if needed?
4) Will Lucy's long term impacts be significant?
5) Will we lose someone close to us
6) Will this always be a politics issue?
7) That Trump will get re-elected
8) That even if he doesn't the new order of lies and deflection has hurt our country beyond repair
9) That I'll never get to hug family again
10) Vacations are a thing of the past.

and on and on and on


No comments: