Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ah... Home!

Going on vacation is a glorious thing. I look forward to it with every fiber in my being. I enjoy the preplanning, the searching online for hotels, reading about the location, reviewing the history of the area - I love it all. I love the flight over, the confusion of how to make a phone call in a foreign country it's all good.

Being away from your work life is an important thing to do for yourself. In just two weeks the crazy politics of the office washes away, current events on the news are a distant memory, and all that matters is when does the museum open or should we have seafood or pasta for lunch.

However, the best thing about vacation... is finally sleeping in my own bed again. There is a spot in my bed that is so cozy that it is "home" to me. When I ease into the spot, pull the down comforter up, and the cat snuggles in - I am at peace with the world.

I have a raging case of jet lag, and I have been 'in the spot' for three days not including work and a quick trip out with friends. I can't seem to stay awake past 7pm. Yesterday, I was up at 4:30 am - which usually only happens to me by mistake, so I came to work early. When I finished my day at 4 I managed to go to the grocery store, but it was a dodgy ride home. The tired tears were dripping from the corners of my eyes. I barely made it into my garage before a life ending yawn overtook me. I forced myself to put the groceries away and make dinner. I turned on the tv and ate my salad and then... I don't know. I heard some of Veronica Mars, but couldn't open my eyes. I tried to listen, but by the time I could sit up and get my eyes open it was 11pm. I fed the cat and stumbled to bed. If my body is still on Spain time, I should be getting up around 3 am and be ready to start the day -- but today the alarm woke me up at 5:30. After almost twelve hours of sleep you would think that I'd be a ball of energy. Nope, I am in a stupor that I hope to shake off by the 9am meeting.

Tonight, my goal is to stay awake until 10pm. We'll see how it goes.

Photo's will be back from the developer on Wednesday. I hope to post some of the good ones here by end of day Thursday. Keep checking back.

1 comment:

MWR said...

Welcome home!

If you had that amount of trouble staying awake for "Veronica Mars," I suggest you hold off a while on "Lost." It's a little slow. Not sure sometimes why it's so popular.