Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Good Neighbor

We (J & I and his parents who arrived Friday afternoon) are enjoying our snowbound existence.

This morning, J and I walked to the Fred Meyer at the bottom of the hill for eggs, bread and a few treats like the Sunday paper and the New York Times. He and I enjoyed a quiet moment together at Starbucks before heading slowly back up. The exercise was great and it was fun to get out into the snow.

We have been playing cards, watching football and will start season 3 of Weeds this evening. J took a call from his neighbor who was stuck in the driveway and we bundled up to go help her. Getting her car up into the parking lot involved about 45 minutes of serious snow removal with a scraper and a monster shovel. I'll be taking a much needed shower as soon as my body temperature returns to a moderately normal zone. I'm so hot right now I could melt butter on my forehead.

Work is a slim likelihood for me tomorrow considering the park n' ride near the house is closed and the closest metro will come is about 3 miles away. My desire to go sit in an empty office just isn't that great. I will call in for "vacation" for the week and not worry about it.

I'm mildly stressing over the visit from my parents in that if they get across the pass will they be able to get to my place? I don't think my condo will be accessible. The little hill going down into my complex doesn't get any sun so snow and ice stick around until well after a snow and ice event is over. A hotel is an acceptable alternate plan, but we will have to switch up the Christmas event location.

No comments: