Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Graduation!



We had a fine ending to our day yesterday.  She enjoyed a bath, watched a 15 minute snip of Curious George and then read books with Dad and off to bed.

The day care sent home a letter last night that said that all kids who are expecting classroom changes will do those changes on June 21.  Oh, I was not a happy mommy regarding this news.

Lucy is currently in the "toddler" room and that room is designed for kids 12 - 24 months.  The next classroom "Early Beginners" is for kids 2-3 years old.  The activities are far more group oriented and a stronger mix of education and play vs. just play. We've been anxious for Lucy to move on up, but understood that there needed to be availability.   I did hear through the grapevine that 2 kids were leaving and therefore I was irritated that we would have to wait another two months.

However, today Miss Martha informed me that Lucy will start her transition TODAY.  She'll be spending time in the EB and on Monday she'll be in that room full time.

I'm thankful for this change.  Lucy has friends in the new classroom and I expect that her language skills will expand within weeks.  I'm also thankful that I'm not traveling this week or next.  It will be good to have Mom home during this transition time.

I doubt there will be a ceremony with a cap and gown, but when we moved from the Infant room she got a certificate.  OOh... a certificate.

No comments: