Pages

Monday, July 11, 2005

Kissing Strangers: My trip to Las Vegas in 10 bullets

I can't tell you everything about the weekend trip to Vegas, because of the non-disclosure agreement so here are the highlights:

1) It was HOT. 114 degrees hot. Thank goodness for AC and big pools.

2) MGM grand is a great hotel - the room was nice and pools were amazing. Floating the "river" was fun. Starbucks - open 24 hours a day!!! So very civilized!

3) I popped $5.00 into a nickle machine and promptly scored a 3600 coin payout. (That's $180 to you and me.) I'm not a big gambler, so I 'cashed out' and was done gambling.

4) No more coins -- when you win you get a ticket and then the ticket can be redeemed at an ATM type kiosk. If the clink of the coin in the bin is your kind of music, you're in for a shock.

5) Got a henna tattoo. (Don't worry mom, it's not permanent.)

6) Danced the night away at Studio 54. I will say there was some kissing - but I won't (can't?) say with whom but am glad that Pennsylvania is far far away from Washington. My virtue is in tact but am happy trips to Vegas are a once every 5 year event. I wouldn't want to get a reputation.

7) On my way to the airport (from Seattle to Vegas -- pre-alcohol) I fell down an escalator and jacked up my arm, leg and butt. The purple and green bruises under the 8 inch scrapes on left arm and leg look pretty in my bathing suit.

8) The flight into Vegas was rowdy and fun and on the flight back people were snoring before we even closed the plane door.

9) Had a fabulous lunch at the Bellagio hotel. It was a lovely 2 hour break from the hustle of the batchelorette party. However, the waiter forgot to add the wine to our bill and I'm a little miffed because we were honest and told him, so he should have comped our dessert. When I run a hotel the size of Rhode Island, these are the things my staff will do.

10) If you want to lay by the pool, see the sights, party, kiss men from Pittsburgh, and eat out you need more than a day and a half. Vegas is gross and fake but for me, the pool junkie - it's totally great.

No comments: