Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

A positive experience at Macy's

I've never been a huge fan of the Bon Marche' -- er Macy's. (Sorry, I'm old school Seattle.) You can seldom find someone to assist you and something usually goes wrong.

Case in point, I purchased an extra yard of my couch fabric to cover the areas where Peter the cat is likely to scratch. The fabric was ordered at the same time as the couch and so far Macy's has sent the wrong fabric twice. That said, there are just some things though, that must be purchased from Macy's - furniture is one category where they typically get my business.

I did buy some shoes before the trip and the very nice shoe guy offered me a 20% discount if I would put the shoes on my macy's account. I had intended on paying cash, but the discount was almost $28 so I agreed. It wasn't until I got home that I realized that he didn't apply the discount.

With no time and little desire to drive back to the store before vacation I tried to call the store - I don't recommend it. You'll end up in an irritating loop between voicemail and the switchboard system. I decided to try macys.com and ended up leaving a small message on their customer feedback board.

Lo and behold, upon my return from Sunny Mexico a message was waiting for me from the store manager. My account has been credited the $28! How very wonderful!

Now if I could only figure out how to get them to turn this floral upholstery into the kind I actually need I could die happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't stop me . . . you can only hope to contain me.