Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Good Morning Starshine

What in the world was that song about? The earth says Hello! The drugs must have been good in the 70's.

I've calmed a bit since the last entry. I'm not quite as fired up as I was. I do feel guilt over expressing frustration that minion is still out of the office.

The re-org is going ok. There isn't a transition plan for this either we're just in a new division. The sad thing is that we have to RE-DO the budget - which as you may have guessed isn't my favorite thing in the world.

However - my little world of control may be growing larger I've got a meeting with someone about the possibility of my taking over governance of a specific function. Hopefully the staff that is involved will come to me too. I won't take anything without staff.

Vacation begins in 15 days... well 14 days and 3 hours if you start counting vacation as the minute you get on the airplane... but really - it's 13 days and 7 hours if you start counting from the minute you walk out the door on your last day. 6 hours and 15 minutes if you count the fact that I'm going to find a way to leave early. Hell - why don't I just go now?



LOST! last night was good brother! Jack's retro wig was a little silly - but I understand the need for him not to have the buzz cut forever. JJ Abrams is playing with our minds because there was a lot of time shifting happening in the bunker. Clearly the opening morning fitness scene happened some years earlier when the Trs80 was state of the art computing equipment. I'm sure the jadded will have complaints - but I enjoyed it which was the plan a along.

Everything is predestined brother!

1 comment:

MWR said...

SPOILER ALERT - CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR SEASON PREMIERE








"Clearly the opening morning fitness scene happened some years earlier when the Trs80 was state of the art computing equipment."

This seems incorrect for at least three reasons:

1. The gear in the bunker could have represented items that were available when the bunker was outfitted. A turntable, LPs, TRS-80, etc.

2. Jack is close to using the same computer in the last act, no?

3. The TRS-80, as a Radio Shack product, was never state-of-the-art computing equipment.