Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

RANTING

I know it is bad form to bitch about work - but ARG!


This is a small sampling of things that are pissing me off today:

1) I'm the new budget person. Here's the entire training and transitionning information packet: "You're the new budget person." END OF CLASS. WTF!

2) CPS (our crappy property services department) has decided to move people into cubes in my office. Did they tell me? NO Did they tell the contractor who is physically in the space he was moving? NO Are they pissed because there are computers in the space now? YES. (I wish there was a way we could make the cute contractor feel less welcome... We move him without notice to a new space. Let's forget his name and start calling him "Contractor.")

3) We are being re-orged. This isn't the same thing as making an active decision to switch up your department to make things more efficient -- this is a decision that was made without our input -- and it SUCKS.

4) My "MINION" is still out of the office. I hired her and 10 seconds later she leaves because her husband has cancer. WHATEVER - they caught it early. It's been 3 weeks and I'm losing my (somewhat unstable) sense of compassion. I am frick-fracken busy and need my staff person back. (I'm really not that insensitive - I care that he's sick and signed the damn loa form - but for the love of all that is holy - COME BACK TO WORK!)

5) Our division idiot who is in charge of creating useless reports turned my item RED and I can't get him to return my phone calls. Warning -- this is about to get into numbers:

My stat is tracking the number of high risk items -- the threshold is 5% of the total population:

July: 12/520 = 2.31%
August: 12/550 = 2.16%

Hello!? This number is actually getting better - so why IDIOT is it RED? The division executive is breathing down my neck because moron doesn't understand simple math.

When did I become a person who gets fired up about a "KRI" being a color on a report?

WHERE IS MY SOUL?

Breathe in.... and out....

With a breath in I calm myself and with a breath out I cleanse myself.... (thank you jen for the mantra.)


Finally -- it must be apparent that I am ready for vacation...

17 days!

2 comments:

MWR said...

Just remember, there are little boys and girls in Armenia who don't even have a stat.

syp said...

You do have a soul. You do! Vacation is coming soon, it is. Uh, so, the budget person. Does this mean you have to get another designation behind your name? Good thing you got that lovely gift at the conference...