Pages

Monday, September 19, 2005

Movie Review: Just Like Heaven

I am a Reese Witherspoon fan. She's cute, has good hair and seems to be handling the fame, family balance well. However, being a fan isn't enough to make this movie worth the $9 I paid. At most, it's a rainy afternoon HBO movie.

I can't say that there's anything terribly wrong with the plot - it's could so totally happen, a too busy doctor (this is obvious because her hair is messy) gets into a head on collision with a large truck and ends up haunting her apartment (that she should NOT have been able to afford even as a doctor.) This enables her to fall in love with Mark Ruffalo (famous for the Shrug in his tighty whities with Kirsten Dunst in ESSM.) The Mark character (who can be bothered to learn names) is sad for his own unknown reasons and tries to get rid of the cute ghost.

They zip around down performing emergency surgery and other hilarious acts.

The best part of the movie is the kid from Napoleon Dynamite (a movie that I have not *gasp* seen) asking for a Co-La.

I'm not advising you not to see the movie - I'm just saying it is what it is -- MINDLESS FLUFF.

No comments: