Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Post Procedure Update

I had my endoscopy Tuesday morning. All is well. I did have two issues a stricture in my esophagus which the doctor stretched and some damage due to acid reflux. Apparently the two things acting together were causing all the throwing up. The RN assured me that this type of thing is actually pretty common.

The procedure didn't hurt at all - or maybe it did, but after the injected the IV and sprayed my throat with some nasty spray I woke up in a different room. My ICOEP (in case of emergency person) helped me out to her car and I like the drunken little friend obeyed every "watch your step, look both ways and buckle up". She let me into my house, made sure I was in bed and left for work by 9am. I slept all day... and by all day I don't mean nap until 10 and lay on the couch for hours, I mean I woke up at 1pm, sipped some soup, went back to bed, slept until 4 - moved to the couch, slept until 7 - talked on the phone from 7 until 9 and went to bed and slept all night.

WOW.

It's been a few days and other than some minor irritation in my throat I am back to normal. I don't have the cancer and thanks to the stretching and the anti-acid medicine so far no episodes since the Westlake Public Puking Incident.

Whew.

1 comment:

syp said...

Thank goodness for that! :-)