Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

DVR'd the tonight show, Jay Leno kept referring to Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw. As much as I'd like Sex and the City, I think it's probably better to refer to actors by their real names.

I wonder if it is hard out there for a pimp?

Bully to Yahoo who doesn't block Mac users from playing the free games. Poop on you MSN.

I now have five e-mail accounts. Yahoo wouldn't let me read the IHS reunion site without signing up. I'll be checking THAT one everyday I'm sure.

The starbucks cup cakes have the perfect of cake to frosting ratio. The chocolate one is pretty but I love the white cupcake with the yellow sprinkles. It pleases me.

My toaster is dying. It won't toast even the smallest piece of bread. I'll have to stop by Target tomorrow. I could run to Williams Sonoma but do I really need an $80 toaster?

I think it's funny that I agonized about buying a digital camera and now am taking a lot more photos. I still think film photography is the best, but for fun weekend shots the digi is handy.

I am a terrible friend. I had a date to go to 1/2 Price Pots and IKEA today with Yazmine and SadEric mentioned that he needed to go to IKEA and I didn't invite him to join us. In my defense... I did help him pack all morning and buy him a more than expected birthday dinner the night before. I can't spend every waking minute of the weekends with SadEric - it's not healthy for him or me.

Speaking of SadEric... it use to be funny when he would call me by his wife's name and visa versa. Now (with the divorce), it's not so funny. Plus, in mixed company it confuses people and gives them the impression that I'm the stand-in wife. (LIke I was waiting in the wings for their mariage to fall apart so I could nab him. Creepy.)

Is it horribly sad to be enjoying a Saturday night at home alone? I was playing computer games my new favorite is Spinster City - it's like SIM CITY where you build a city and by managng taxes and the infrastructure so your city grows. In Spinster City, you manage the number of cats the single gal has and for fun sign her up for online dating and she has to weed out the psychos and the unemployeed married predators. If she goes on too many bad dates she has to join "Great Expectations" and endure the sorrowful looks from her happily married friends who think her life is sad, but secretly envy her control over everything in her life. She wants shoes... she buys them (in black AND tan) because she can.

This however is sad, its 10:15 and I'm headed to bed. Woohoo party girl. (Don't feel sorry for me, I got dressed up and went out last night.)

G'night

1 comment:

MWR said...

It's O.K., I spent much of Saturday night becoming immersed in the "Battlestar Galactica" Season One box set a friend lent me. I'm enjoying it. The new "BG," of course. I still remember my disappointment, at age 11, when it dawned on me that "Battlestar Galactica" was not going to be like getting a new "Star Wars" movie every week on TV.

To my credit, once the original series premiered, I grasped its lameness within sectons. Oh, no, apparently it was within "microns".