Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I've been linked in!

I've made a new online friend and she put a link to my dumb blog on her site. I'm famous! You may all bow down before me now...





or not.



Just wanted to share with you all that lately work blows. There isn't enough time to get the work I need to get done done, and the manage-sphere above me is so focused on one project that they can't see anything else. It doesn't stop them from "volunteering" me to do crap for them. I push back but the new boss is dismissive. He needs a nickname and the only one that comes to mind is Junior - but that seems rude. He's not immature; I can't quite put my finger on what about him is bothering me.

For those of you who have been with me since the beginning of time will know what I mean when I say that he reminds me of Troy. You have all met this guy, he's the cute and smart guy who is able to turn on the charm to get what he wants from people. But... he's only like 2 inches deep; he's friends with everybody and yet no one really knows him. I'm charmed and disgusted at the same time. So, the new boss is like that, only I have to do his bidding because it's my job but I still feel like I'm being manipulated.

Hold on, I've got it! Troy was the sports king in high school, the new boss uses A LOT of sports analogies and he's the boss so his new nickname shall be THE QUARTERBACK. I love it! QB for short.

1 comment:

syp said...

The QB is perfect...