Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Meet a member of my goofy family



My uncle Ed is a right nutty fellow. The ears were his response to his wife telling him he needed to have his hearing checked.

Back in the "day" he and Aunt Sandy held the family title of favorite aunt & uncle. They were the coolest (probably because they didn't have kids so they weren't worn out like our parents.) We had lots of fun on camping trips, boating trips, or just hanging out at their house.

Ed had an admittedly wild youth and was given the option by the local law enforcement of either joining the Army or participating in the structured behavior modification programs offered by the county and state governments. He chose the Army. Vietnam sucked and being a veteran in the 60's didn't make for a grand home comming. He did manage to meet and marry the youngest of the Vail daughters and they built a very nice life. (They also experienced the 60's and 70's in a a groovy way, complete with the VW van if you catch my drift.)

Ed is pretty great and was the only man camping with us 5 ladies last weekend. He did pull me aside to tell me that it was time to bring a fella to the family stuff as he was tired of being out numbered. He promised to keep his teeth in during the first meeting. Thanks!

I don't know, it's probably a wise idea to keep any serious beaus away from the family gatherings until I'm certain he's a keeper. I wouldn't want the family to fall in love and break their hearts.

More about the family at another time.

No comments: