Pages

Monday, August 01, 2005

The non-promotion promotion

My boss has an amazing ability to make my same job sound like a promotion. He sent out the attached email (edited and shortened) to the free world at MegaBank to announce department changes. I've been getting congratulation phone calls and e-mails all day. Hello people, neither my job nor the compensation has changed at all! I do have a nifty title for my resume but really -- that's it.

Here's the shortened memo:

I am pleased to announce a reorganization of the MegaBank Security Team, as we further refine our information security model. These changes will help us to assure that MegaBank will continue to respond effectively to rapidly changing risks to both Corporate and Customer Information.

TPgal has been named VP of Information Risk Policy and Strategy, reporting to me. TPgal will be assisting me in the definition of Information Risk Strategy as well as overseeing the Information Security Policy Program. TPgal will soon be hiring an individual to take primary responsibility for the Information Security Policy Exception Process and to assist with Strategy and Policy development.

Betty Rubble has been namedÂ….

2 comments:

syp said...

Congratulations! You will soon have your very own minion! Say it with me now, "minion."

MWR said...

Impressive