Pages

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mid-Week Status

Thank you for being patient with the delivery of any updates on how the new job is going.

 

In a word… GREAT!

 

I was on the 6:50 am flight Monday morning (ick) and in the new office by 9:20am.  I have spent the last 2 ½ days getting oriented, learning how to work in this new world, learning the campus, how to print documents.  Printing seems like a pretty easy task, but they have some special tool that makes printing “simple” but in actuality I haven’t been able to make it work very well.   It’s a big job, but I am just over confident enough to think I can pull it off.  We’ll see.

 

The people are nice, but since my allergies are in complete attack mode they seem to be avoiding me.  I am on my THIRD box of tissue since my arrival Monday.  I think I’m on the downside of this attack because my nose has stopped dripping uncontrollably.  I hope the flight home isn’t a repeat of my trip out as  I couldn’t hear all day Monday because I my ears were plugged from the flight pressurization. 

 

My hotel is alright, but now that I’ve figured out the train situation I feel pretty ok about not having a car. I did have to buy hair product at the Chevron convenience store because there really are no grocery stores nearby.   I’ll be leaving behind a bag of things that are silly to transport back and forth (like toiletries, workout clothes, casual shoes…)  The hotel has laundry so I can leave stuff that is clean at my desk and then only pack work clothes in a tiny carry-on bag.  I have SKILLS in that area. 

 

It is too early to count my chickens in this area, but my real estate agent called to tell me we have an offer on my condo.  Things could fall apart any anytime.  But… woo hoo.  If you’re interested in seeing the condo and the MARVELOUS staging that my agent did go here:  http://www.windermere.com/lid35428936

 

Keep your fingers crossed that I might be fully homeless soon.  (I’m kidding as I KNOW that Jason isn’t going to kick me out – he likes my version of meatloaf too much!)  Someone here in the San Jose office suggested that I priced my condo too low if I got an offer in the first week, but I choose to see it as it was priced JUST RIGHT.  I’m not making a bunch of money, but it won’t be sitting empty for ages and ages either.  I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY about this development.

 

That’s all the news there is for today.  I’ll be home at 10pm tomorrow and am looking forward to seeing whatshisface.  The phone is nice, but it doesn’t get up at night to get me water when I need it. 

 

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you find it odd to look at a picture online of a toilet you know you've used for #s 1 & 2?

PNB Dave said...

Nice place! Too bad I never visited you when you were living there.