Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

yikes

My wonderful, amazing and superb real estate agent called today to say my condo buyer was having trouble with their lender and we may not be able to close tomorrow as planned.

They are working through the issue and the goal is to keep on target (or as close to target as possible.) My buyer is homeless as of the 30th so will be moving in and I'll be a temporary landlord. This makes me nervous, but I'm hopeful that by being in the unit he will have incentive to move things along.

Janie tells me that when they bought their home (and they put more than 50% down on the property) that their lender filled 8 days with creating special forms, things to sign, proof of whatever to provide. So, while glitches like the one today may be normal I don't like it and I'm worried it will all fall apart.

I was ready for the condo to sit on the market for a while, but not to sell it, only to have to "re-sell" it again in a month. Keep your fingers crossed. My "buyer" seems like good people and I want them in the house.

1 comment:

RisibleGirl said...

No worries, my little friend. Stuff like this happens ALL the time. It could be something as stupid as someone misspelling something and the closing company caught it so the docs have to be reprinted.

I'll cross my fingers for you that this is resolved ASAP

Signed,
Way too many years in the mortgage loan business and lives to tell about it.