Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

On the road

Last time I was in San Jose I had to come home early due to a sick little girl. I was able to get on the 6:00 a.m. flight but in order to save the $100 change fee I had to call at midnight to change reservations. Aside from the pain of spending one less day in an actual office environment was that my security pass did not let me into the building at 4:30 am to deposit my "leave in California" bag of toiletries. I had to check my hairspray, human sized shampoo, hair products and makeup. I didn't want to check a bag on this trip so I am the proud new owner of a fancy bag (from Marshall's) and fresh toiletries. Turns out my toothpaste was one year past the expiration date.

The benefit of having to run around and stock up is that I've found the Safeway and other services that will come in handy. I found a place to get my toes done. This is a silly thing to be excited about, but I'm not going to do this "important" grooming activity on the weekends when I could be spending time with Jason and Lucy and squishing it into a lunch "hour" during the week is challenging. Now, when I'm here I can pamper myself, kill some time and not feel guilty.

I am happily sporting bright red toes in honor of Independence Day. Go Me!

No comments: