Pages

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Happy Birthday!

My friend Y is having a birthday this week. She is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Here is a list of some of the things that I love about her:

She loves good chocolate
She likes all things tiny (small boxes, small purses, anything compact)
In high school, we both dated younger boys and took a LOT of flack for it.
We share a sick love of Duran Duran.
She will drive the Vo into the ground.
She was Miss Loyalty Day 1984. An honor I coveted, but she's the only other person I would have wanted to win.
She left me alone with her dad during the sex scene in Purple Rain in 1985. (sometimes, love is sarcastic)
She appreciates my nutty humor and tells me I’m crazy when I’m crazy.
She knows that when I complain about my parents that it’s not real.
She sings in the car
We don’t always have to talk to get the message across.
We both thought the hair flipping woman at the Mariner’s game was gross.
She wasn’t a nightmarish diva at her wedding
She will drive to Portland, Oregon and pay to park just to save 23 cents in tax on a lipstick.
She has a classic yet funky style
Her hair is amazing!
She lets me finish my long, rambling sentences.
She has as many movie star boyfriends as I do.
She doesn’t blame me for my love of Tom Cruise (in 1986) and is with me on being seriously creeped out about TomKat.
If I don’t spill food on myself, she will do it for me.
She only wants one bite of your food.
She sees many sides of an issue – so while I may think GWB is a (^#$^$$# Idiot, she sees that he has value… as a door stop.
“Come to Butthead”
We can never get off the phone… “oh, one more thing.”
She loves great clothes, but loves a bargain!
When you have a snack at her house you get ONE cookie (which is why she’s a size 0!)
She can re-invent herself without loosing her true self.
She painted my bathroom and didn’t ask me to paint her house in return!
She’s a chosen sister!
She cares about doing the right thing.

Anyway –that’s just a start.
Happy birthday to you girl with four names!

No comments: