Pages

Monday, November 07, 2005

Never ask a guy about hair color!

It's the end of the year, and pay planning time at megabank. We have a handy tool to help keep things under control. I tried to give a decent rating to Minion, but because she's only been here 3 months, I'm almost forced into a lower rating.

It's official I'm management, and therefore I am an Asshole! Happy end of year!


The other topic of the day, and far more important I might add, I dyed my hair. No one at the office has said a word so I'm assuming it must really look like crap!

I tried to darken it up because the two weeks outside in Spain really made it look brassy. Yesterday I headed to Target and after wandering the aisles and picking up new christmas lights and a couple other things, I picked a new hair color. 114a Lightest natural warm brown. The alternative was 114 Lightest natural Ash brown. The color on the boxes were identical. After deliberating I decided it would be better to be warm than ashy.

I knew my hair would not be BROWN brown, because of the blonde starting point - but I didn't expect it to be RED. I think it's red anyway. No one at the office is saying anything but also no one is looking in horror or doing double takea. What I need is one of my girl friends to give me the thumbs up or down.

Janice would say that she hates it, she wants me to be a Marilyn Monroe blonde, and Yaz will probably be in the "I like it" camp - and with Jun who knows...

Team member JR will be in the office soon and he'll tell me the truth. He's not a queen, on the contrary he's very heterosexual - but he is very METRO.

It's a sad thing that I need validation on something as dumb as my hair -- but I do. I'm having a hard enough time with the long long bangs that I'm finally growing out - but to add a color mistake on top could be a real emergency.

Forget the homeless in New Orleans, my hair looks funny! Let's have some perspective people.

Oooh, here's JR now... I'm going to walk over and get some feedback... hold on:

Ok that was a terrible idea.

tp: "Hey, does this look ok?"
jr: "Yeah, it looks good."
tp: "What color do you think it is?"
jr: "Orangey blonde"

ORANGEY BLONDE!? What the hell?

I think I may be sick.

2 comments:

MWR said...

Maybe a nice home perm will divert attention from your novel hair color.

tp_gal said...

I thought of that... but I decided to cut it myself to chop out the new color. I am really pretty right now!