Pages

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

10 days

There is so much going on right now that I don't have much time to get anxious or fret. I feel so strongly that marrying Jason is right that I don't have to bother with nerves. I wondered if it would be a hard decision to bind my life with someone elses, but it turns out it isn't.

I'm in San Jose until Friday and while I HATE being away, I plan to enjoy three wedding chore free days.

The "to do"s pick back up this weekend but mostly everything is done. We're going to a party Saturday for some friends. It will be nice to celebrate the purchase of their first home. And, if we end up sucking the air out of the room we will duck out. This is their party.

Other than the party and moving the wine from the storage locker in Seattle to our booze filled home we are free to spend some time together. Maybe we'll use one of our many (non-wedding) gift certificates and go out to dinner.

Hopefully we will be celebrating the acceptance of the offer Jason is making on the little house we found.

I was adamant early on that Snoqualmie was too far out and that I'd hate it. Well, it turns out I was wrong. This house is warm, friendly, casual and meets our primary wishes. It doesn't have a guest room with bath on the main floor, but I think we can work it out when the parents come to visit.

In addition to being livable inside, the exterior is cute. Red shutters and a red door (that means love dwells inside). There is good on street parking and we'll be able to bike or even walk to the little shopping center where there's a starbucks, a Mexican restataunt, an Irish pub, a sub shop and (whew) a place to get my toes painted.

We're making an offer today and should know tomorrow. I feel really good about this and I know I'm supposed to wait to fall in love but I'm mentally moving in our furniture.

I suppose I should be preparred for the rug to be yanked away, but this place feels like our home.

We looked at places yesterday that were ok, but wrong. One place was exactly what we were looking for but was missing one room. It could have been a den or a guest room, but it was just not there. I give Jason a lot of credit for being able to walk away from a place that had all the esthetics that we want but not the space.

So, if our offer is accepted we will start the serious packing process when we return from our honeymoon. We'll have 3 weeks to get ready. I think we can do it. I know we can. We may not be able to find our socks for a while but I have faith in us.

More news as it comes in. The condo buyers are inspecting the condo today. I can't imagine there will be any issues but the process makes me jittery anyway.

We should have our inspection of the Thompson St. House before the beginning of the week. We're on a short timeline.

It's a lot to manage and yet fun!

No comments: