Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Honeymoon Day 1

We thought we would be leaving Issaquah in the 7 am hour, but managed to lallygag around until later in the morning. Since we weren't required to be anywhere the puttering was enjoyable.

We stopped in Granger for a tiny pit-stop at my parents and then pushed through to Walla Walla. I've crossed this lovely state of ours many times but sometimes I forget about the diverse and interesting the landscape.

We grabbed a quick lunch on the patio of a pub (that was later poo-poo'd by the wine purveyors at the Forgeron Wine Cellars). Walla Walla has cute downtown area, little shops (a massive Macy's) and a few coffee shops. We stopped into Hot Poop, Washington's Oldest Independent Record store. Obviously the name is what drew me in. I may be a married woman now, but a good poop joke makes me happy

We managed to enjoy a couple wine shops and plan out our day for today. We've got breakfast plans, a dinner reservation and in addition to stopping at l'Ecole we'll tour the Whitman Mission historical site.

Our little apartment is super cute and we even made diner for ourselves last night. We are thankful that we left Tuesday rather than the day after the wedding. I was a zombie Sunday and a bit more human Monday. We are sleeping like the dead and I think we will be 100% back to normal today.

We'll check in again tomorrow.

No comments: