Pages

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Boycotting Obama

NPR was reporting this weekend that some parents were "outraged" that the President was going to spread his agenda to innocent school children.

The Seattle Times reports this morning that the Bellevue school district is opting not to show the Presidents message to American school children.

I know that messages of "stay in school" and "work hard" are controvercial and potentially dangerous. I mean, holy shit, what if they listen? Who will the democratic bleeding hearts use as excuses to spend and spend. What would happen if our grduation rates increased? The competition for entry level jobs would be just that much harder. Good lord people, we can't have all the former mortgage brokers competing with high school graduates. (seriously, would one speach make an impact? Doubt it.)

I was NOT a George W. Bush fan but respected the office he held. This refusal to show the Presidents message is an embarrassment.

Sometimes politics irritates me. (sometimes? That might be an understatement. )

1 comment:

pnb_dave said...

I absolutely agree with you. Regardless of whether you like the man, voted for him, or agree with his agenda, he is the duly-elected President of the United States and I think it's absolutely stupid that I was not allowed to decide for myself whether or not to show the speech to my students.

In fact, despite my own political leanings, I probably WOULD have, since I'm not thick-headed enough to think any President would talk about his economic strategies or his solutions to the health-care mess in a speech to kids. I find it hard to believe that anyone, regardless of his political leanings, could object to the leader of the free world telling kids how important it is to stay in school and work hard. "But that's the parents' job," an angry American parent said on NPR today. Are you freakin' KIDDING me? How could it be a bad thing for your child to hear the SAME message repeated by the President?

Last night on KING-5 news they showed a sobbing (yes, sobbing) blonde mother saying something to the effect of "It just breaks my heart to think of my children, in school, having to listen to that." Wait. You're...CRYING? Because your child is going to hear the President tell her she needs to work hard? WTF? Are you serious? What the hell happened to you to make you so incredibly stupid?