Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

So, maybe it wasn't a fluke


Friday night (or actually Saturday morning) I was awakened by a senseless act of sleep talking and couldn't get back to sleep.

Jason swears he was awake, but "ok, maybe only 80% awake". I don't fault him for waking me up, as he had a distinct sense of urgency that I was requiring something of him related to our on going quest for a new place to call home.

Clearly, this is a stressful event and I think it is affecting both of us.

This morning around 5:03 I realized I was awake and upon rolling over Jason reached out his hand for some early morning hand holding. (Does that make you gag a little? We hold hands sometimes while sleeping. I'm told by another girlfriend that she and her husband do it too - so there. We are disgustingly cute, but we aren't alone!)

Any...who... I quietly inquired if he was ok and in a full alert voice he answered. "oh yeah, I'm fine. Awake, but fine." At that point we realized there was no going back to sleep so we talked and then made coffee and started our day. CRAZY.

I think it is a combination of the wedding in a few days and the house buying experience where you make progress and wait, and then make progress and wait. (we are in wait mode right now.) This has to affect your sleep.

The good news for us is that we spend the day with my parents and helped my Uncle Ed put new siding on my mom and dad's little house. It was HOT over there and the work was continuous. Cut, carry, lift, nail, nail, nail, nail. Cut, carry, lift, nail....

It was VERY hot and dirty. I made mud in the shower simply by washing the grime. Someone needs to make a sun screen that works but isn't sticky. I carried home from Granger all sorts of native bits on my skin. (ICK)

The point is that I think tonight we will sleep like the dead. The early get up and a day of hard labor will help.

If this sleeplessness continues I may take up some illegal narcotic that puts you out. I have so little experience with drugs that I may need to do some research to find out what will be the most effective.

1 comment:

RisibleGirl said...

Now you're in my world! Since I hit my head (the one right during the time we were in the hiring process) I'm unable to sleep on my own. Also without drugs, I walk all over the place, do yoga, shake BJ, and all kinds of other assorted fun and dangerous things.

Talk to your doctor ASAP and tell him/her what's going on. You need your rest for the big event. without it, you'll go a little nutso.

I'm sure you won't need the magnitude of stuff I'm on, but there are prescription drugs to help you out.

xo