Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Headline from home

Homecoming queen bags her buck


























Yes, this is the actual headline and photo of the 2009 Homecoming Queen from the little town that is near my hometown.

Here's the article:

Nicole Lxx was honored as Naselle Homecoming Queen at the football game Saturday afternoon and moments after the contest she bagged this "pickle horn" spike-forked horn near her home. "I didn't want to go too far and ruin my hair," she said of her hunting trip.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to comment too much further as to why I think this is funny, but I'd be very careful about doing EVERYTHING the queen wants during her tenure.

(it was nice of the photographer to crop out the bloody entrails of the buck.)

4 comments:

MWR said...

Is the town so small that they don't have vowels?

I take full credit for your label category, btw.

tp_gal said...

You should take credit... I stole it from you.

I x'd out her name because I didn't credit the paper or the photographer and thought it would prevent her from finding my mocking if she ever googled her own name.

I'm willing to make fun of the story, but realize she's still just a kid. I mean, I didn't send it to Jay Leno or anything...

ooh, there's a delightfully evil idea!

PNB Dave said...

That's a lovely hunting dress, too.

Anonymous said...

I actually think the outfit clashes with the blood and guts. Besides, that color blue is SOOOO last hunting season!!