Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

We are on our way!

With the big move scheduled for Friday and Saturday we have been busily packing all weekend. I'm happy to report that we have packed the kitchen, the bathrooms, the closets, the electronics the guest room and most of the garage.

We have the office left to do and the "laundry" area.

The office shouldn't be too terrible. I've cleaned my desk and have sorted through all the little cards and papers that magically get stashed in the drawers. I'm not sure why I have 5 business cards for our Real Estate Agent but I had them. I also had cards for my former dentist - WHY?

I do have these nifty baskets that are "perfect for storage" on my bookshelves and frankly, they scare me. I know I stored stuff there when I booted Jason's stuff from the office to make room for my stuff, but it's kind of a hodgepodge of junk that is "important" but doesn't fit into other places in the house.

Some of the things will have a home in the new house. I'll have room for my sewing kit and likely don't need the fancy box the waterford crystal came in once we move.

I found a file folder today that contained stuff from MegaBank - like my personal copy of my personnel file. How long do I keep that? My severance check has solidly cleared the bank (and is going to be spent on Friday when we give the bank a hefty check for our dream house.) I'm thinking I can let these things go.

We're signing paperwork tomorrow and then the only possible issues would be with money transfers between the two title companies. ooh, we are so close!

No comments: