Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Life goes on I guess...

I stopped at Target after lunch today to take back a pair of too small sleeping trunks for my husband (eek... I have a HUSBAND) and realized that I have clearly forgotten to have kids. The place was teeming with mommies and kids and a few pissed off infants. One poor kid was attempting to ride a smallish plastic non-motorized thing and was having challenges. He threw himself onto the floor and said in the most adult voice... I just can't do it. That's right kid, failure is your life!

My point isn't to mock the 3 year old, but to acknowledge the oddity of being a non-mom in the mom world. I'd like to think they envy my ability to get in and get out without having to argue over Snooty Pebbles or Hannah Montana stuff - but I think they are so frazzled that they don't see me.

If I'm thinking I'm too old to be a new mommy, the eye doctor today kind of put it right in my face. "We don't like to call them bifocals - they are multiple lenses dear."

BIFOCALS are BIFOCALS no matter what you call them.

I am, I guess in every way, Jason's old lady.

1 comment:

PNB Dave said...

"Sleeping trunks?" You mean "undershorts," or did I just reveal my trailer-trash root stock?