Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lucy & Mommy Play Date

Tonight Lucy and I are off for a play date tonight. We will be doing our first solo outting. We will be attending book group this evening to discuss a little book called War and Peace.

I confess that neither of us finished the book and our contribution to the discussion will be weak. I think the "I had a baby" is a fine excuse for not having finished the 1300 page tome in the 6 week time frame.

I'm in awe of those who did actually read it, but I think it might end up being bookshelf art in my house. Who knows, I might pick it up one day.

Mostly my reluctance to devote the time was my addled new mommy brain, but part of it was the daunting scope of it. I've already purchased the next meetings book and am excited to read it. I doubt my slacking will continue.


Wish us luck tonight.

No comments: