Pages

Friday, April 01, 2011

Changes

My life is still all about Lucy so you'll forgive one more baby post.  I'm sure once I get back to work that a more balanced TPgal will return. (sure...)  Today marks Lucy's one month birth-a-versary.  We will upload 1 month pictures as soon as we are out of pj's and return from our day of errands.  In the meantime here are some things I've learned over the past month:


  1. A clean diaper is much more appealing to poop in.  Lucy is very apt to poop in a diaper 10 seconds after a new one has been applied than 10 seconds before a messy diaper is removed.
  2. What worked two weeks ago, no longer works.  My mommy super powers of putting an upset Lucy to sleep have been tested this week.  No longer does the hold and rock move work.  Last night I tried to help a super tired girl go to sleep for over an hour.  Finally, I decided to resort to the trickiest of all tricks.  I set her down in the crib to go make a new bottle of formula, and when I returned the little screamer was fast asleep. Seriously!?  I had put her in the crib previously, but I guess I needed to lay her down, say "fine, I'll make a bottle" and walk away for it to work. 
  3. Laundry is now sorted in piles of white, dark, and the new pink pile.
  4. Laundry is something that takes all day.  I use to be able to fold the laundry while it was still warm from the dryer.  Now I'm happy if I get to it in the same day.
  5. The hospitals are quick to bill for their services, but the insurance company (who require a social security number for a new person) are even quicker to deny the claim.  You would think that the hospital could delay the billing for at least a week to give new moms & dads time to get the new baby on the insurance policy.  Also, it seemed silly to me that our insurance company needed 2 business days to verify the addition of the new person to our claim.  Did they not just process nine months of claims related to a pregnancy?  These things ARE related.  
  6. The days of Jason and I getting to eat together are over for a while.  It seems like Lucy needs attention just about every time we sit down to eat a meal.  My appreciation for warm food is growing.  I'm not complaining, I invited this small person into our house, but her timing is remarkable.   She will be perfectly content while we are cooking and then as soon as the food hits the plate - waaaaahhhhhhh


On an unrelated note, we took a field trip yesterday and drove to see the Snoqualmie Falls.  The rivers are at flood stages so we knew the falls would be impressive.  We were there for about 4 minutes  and were soaked from the mist.  We tried to get a more "straight on" photo, but the mist was so intense that you couldn't see the water. 

1 comment:

pnb_dave said...

You'd better update your mini-bio on the blog, since your life is no longer just "I work, I write, and hang out with friends, family, and the new Mr. TP gal." =)