Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One week

I head back to work next Tuesday.  I'm looking forward to it in some ways, I feel a renewed sense of appreciation for my employer and the work that I do now that I've been away in a world of poop and a crying being that refuses to learn the simple words like "hungry", "wet", "bored" or "tired".

The other part of me is so sad to jump back into "real" life.  I hate the idea that Lucy will be hanging out with Alexis, Kalena and Valentina instead of Jason and me.  I know we will get into a routine and that she'll be fine at day care - heck the two practice days we had she took amazing naps and came home happy.  I guess the home living room is a terrible place to nap during the day.  Who knew she needed a room full of other children to get a solid 2-3 hour nap during the day.  At home, all I can eek out is a 1 hour cat nap - I get a couple of them throughout the day, but she won't sleep for an extended period of time.  Maybe the professionals will establish a solid naptime and we will stick to it on the weekends. 

To make the most of our last week, we have scheduled some very fun things.  Today she and I walked to Starbucks and then the grocery store.  We had a play date in the afternoon and then made dinner that is ready to pop into the oven as soon as Jason gets home.

Tomorrow we have a lunch date in Seattle and then grandma & grandpa TP are coming for a sleep over.  FUN.

Jason has Friday off and we'll be hanging together as a threesome for the holiday weekend.

I don't have much on the agenda for Monday.  I don't have to worry about fitting into work clothes as my sweatpants are acceptable for logging onto the network.. (I tried today, but have to have my credentials reset - activity #`1 on Tuesday morning.)

Speaking of short naps, the princess is up.

The picture for today is blurry, but it is her smiling.  Isn't it great?

1 comment:

RisibleGirl said...

Oh my gosh! She's so precious!!!