Pages

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday tp gal Blog



I was informed today by someone who is much better at navigating calendars and difficult things like day light savings time that the 17th marks the one year birthday of the tp gal blog.

I hope that you, dear reader, find it interesting and humorous. I try to infuse my personality into these posts. I am always surprised when someone says they've been reading the blog. Of course, as anyone but sadRico knows, the best way to stay out of the blog is to be an active reader of the blog. So, perhaps my 'avid' readers are doing so out of fear of being analyzed by me - the gal with 3 semesters of Advanced Psychology under her belt. Just so you don't think I'm over stating things (which I NEVER EVER do) that's three semesters over and above the required Psych 101.

I'm not, however, surprised that a year later I am still interested in throwing my thoughts and rants about my strange and sometimes boring life out for the world to read. As a kid and all through college I was a diary keeper. The diary died with my migration into the computing world. I couldn't get into posting diary entries onto my personal computer; maybe I need an audience. The paper diaries weren't for public consumption but there was always that chance that someone might find my diary (underneath a tree). Also, there was the possibility that my teenage life was exciting enough to be published. I could have been the next Anne Frank. The next non-Jewish, non-persecuted, non-war ravaged, non-voice of a lost generation, middle class, costal town, too boy crazy, Duran Duran loving Anne Frank. I'm sure you can see how as a teenager I could have made that leap. It's totally logical.

Any-who... thank you for reading. Come back there will be more exciting adventures of tp gal - or as mwr has pointed out tpGal or tp_gal or TPgal. I suppose I don't really have to land on a consistent spelling of my online persona just yet. It's only been a year.

No comments: