Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

My strange connection to Veronica Mars: girl detective

Some "friends" have been mentioning to me in passing for the last two years that I should start watching a tv show called Veronica Mars. Well, the planets finally aligned and I agreed.

It is a good show, and I'm enjoying it. Don't tell my friends because I'll never hear the end of it.

I'm a mild geek and I noticed the producers name of the show sounded familiar. Rob Thomas. Honestly, I was getting him confused with Rob Zombie and I couldn't figure out why a hard core metal song writer would be the exec. producer of a show whose central character is a high school girl.

Any who... tonight I surfed over to IMDB to see what Rob Thomas looks like:
And was shocked to find out that Rob not only wasn't the dude who wrote the theme for the Matrix, but he was born in the same town as me. He and I most likely went to the same grade school good old Chief Kamaiaken "Go Chiefs!". He is older and may in fact have been in my brothers class. Next time I go visit the parents I'll dig out the old photos and see if I can't spot Rob standing next to dork-o.

Pretty exciting stuff eh? Some day I'll tell you how Tony Danza rubbed his armpit across my friend Ramsay's head.

I'm practically famous!

(This famous person connection is more exciting than being from the same region as Jim Caviezel... mostly because I can't pronounce Jim's last name. I always sound like a boozer with a good three day bender under my belt or Snoop Doggy Dog... same thing.)

1 comment:

syp said...

I promise I won't tell!