Pages

Friday, June 16, 2006

Movie Review: The Lake House



You'll have to be in the right mood for this not funny almost dramatic movie, but I have to say I liked it. It probably won't stick with you forever like Sliding Doors or Jersey Girl but I think it was a fun evening.

Keanu is aging well and does look good a little weathered. He emotes well and is pleasant to watch. Sandra B. is pretty as ever and isn't a clown - which is nice to see.

I thought I had the movie figured out really early - like within a half an hour, but was pleased to see it build to an emotional ending.

There were a couple loose ends, but all in all - good date movie and I'm pretty sure when it comes to HBO or TNT and they show it 6 times a day that I"ll watch it.


Funny thing though - my movie date was SadRico. We had a nice dinner, a fun Pottery Barn side trip and as noted above a nice movie. However, on the way home one of his eHarmony ladies called to finalize plans for their lunch date tomorrow and it was like I didn't even exist! He did drive me to my car, but barely stopped to let me out. I got a wave and a whisper good bye and instead of him waiting to see if my car started like he always does, he zipped off like a bat out of hell. HELLO!? I'm still a woman alone at a dark, unlit park and ride in the (*&$%*() Highlands!

I know that I play second fiddle to anyone who will (potentially) have sex with SadRico - but general life safety should always be on the "do not compromise" list. Believe you me he's going to get an earful tomorrow. I will NOT be ignored.

1 comment:

MWR said...

At some point you will need to have a "Rename SadRico" competition for your loyal readers, maybe after one of these various eHarmony soulmates pans out. Rico Suave appears to be off the table.