Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Play by Play

First things first, I signed up to be on the church co-ed softball team again this year. Last year they put out the call for players and there were enough folks for two teams. The music director stacked the teams - team one was all the high school and college aged kids and team two was everybody else - the grandparents, the over 40's and the overweight folks. Because there is justice in the world - we, team 2 "the misfits", beat the snot out of team one and some how won the league championship.

I missed the first game because of my ballet tickets. I know, where's my commitment? Well, if you paid $400 for tickets (not each) you would go too. The team won that game 17 to 2. We played today and had to end the game at 19 to 4 after the 5th inning - it's sort of the league mercy rule. We are very good at capitalizing on runs and base hits - we don't have very many folks who can hit the ball into the far outfield, but we can advance the runners. Last year, my secret weapon was to advance the runners, but not once did I score. Well - today that dry spell is over! And -- I didn't even pull my quads (yet).

S0--- go team #2!

Secondly, SadRico took me to see Richard III at the Intiman last night. Man oh man can that Bill Shakespeare dude write and he isn't afraid of killing a kinsman here or there. As you may know, Richard the III plotted against everyone to become King of England and once he got is hearts desire, the tactics he used were turned on him. After the play ended and the house lights came up I noticed that the music had a modern sound and within moments I realized they were playing the Rolling Stone's "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Tee Hee.

We did have a 'famous' person sighting at the play. Rob Estes of Melrose Place fame was in attendance (sans Josie Bisset) and may I say --- wow, he's kind of pretty in real life.

Finally, I teased SadRico about leaving me in the dust Friday night while he drove away talking with his eHarmony date, He apologized and we had a little giggle over his priorities. Last night, as I was getting in my car I noticed that he stayed to make sure the car started (there's no reason it wouldn't - but this is the thing you do) and as I turned to wave him on, I saw him standing 2 feet from my window all hunkered down with his hands on his knees watching me with great concern. I startled as I saw him and he tilted his head and asked "are you ok?" I laughed so hard I almost snorted.

MWR suggested that it might be time for SadRico to earn a new name but that he didn't think Rico Suave was the right direction. Sadly - in real life this is what we call SadRico. He is in a very good place right now, and I'm hoping it lasts but I'm worried that the eHarmony dating might be like playing with fire. I only hope that when he meets a gal that he likes that he doesn't fall hard in love too soon. However, I give him kudos for getting out there and going on dates. Way to not sit in your closet eating ice-cream alone!!

1 comment:

MWR said...

1. I guess after you've just annihilated the other team by one of those scores, the answer to the question "Am I among the Elect?" is looking pretty damn promising. Er, darn promising.

2. Seriously, did actual angels show up and smite these other teams? Had these other teams been engaging in idolatry?

3. . . . Baal worship?

4. According to IMDB, where I went to look up those two C-listers I'd never heard of, SadRobEstes and wife have filed for divorce.