Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2006

I've still got MORE to say

This is the beauty of the blog. I can post the things that are interesting to me and you don't have to feign interest. You can pass right by and on to the things you like.

I just took out the trash (I'm going to be gone until Friday and it's nice to come home to a not stinky house) and found that the blackberry bushes are laden with berries. See what I managed to pick in 10 minutes. Imagine what I could have done in the day light and wearing real shoes instead of the flip flops.









I also forgot to mention that I have a seating problem at my house. I only have seating for 5 and when the book club ladies come over (we number 7) folks are sitting on the floor. What I really want is a new couch, love seat, chair combo but I'm not willing to go into debt for them, so I happened upon the Thomasville floor sale. I found two chairs that are surprisingly comfortable and were quite the bargain. As a bonus, they will double as dining room chairs for all the hundreds of dinner parties I will have someday.

The only problem was the seat covering (leopard! *ACK*) but a quick trip to Joanne's Fabrics and an hour with the staple gun and I'm read to rock and roll. See:







That terrible "beige" carpet will be the next investment that Casa TP will be treated to. I'm debating between extendng the pergo (and risking a color mismatch) or laying a "berber-esque" multitone rug. I think the rug will be nice in the winter when it's chilly, and easy to keep clean.

No comments: