Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Skeptical TP gal

With 16 hours since the email from online guy landed in my mailbox, I've read it over a couple times and I'm 90% sure it's not what it appears to be.

The first bad sign is that his profile is gone of match.com - he explained it (sort of) in his email, and the second bad sign is that he didn't answer any of my questions about where he lives in Seattle and what was his favorite thing about that particular neighborhood.

If you live here - even in Lake City there's something charming. Not answering makes me think he doesn't actually live in Seattle.

So on the off chance that my skeptical side is trying to wrong me, I did e-mail back and shared (not too personal) stuff and asked some more direct questions and we'll see what we get.

Unfortunately, his demographics too closely match the profiles on the "online dating scam" sites. If it is a scam it will be apparent once he tells me that he and his daughter are going on a business trip to (Africa, or where ever) and then once there, he'll be injured in a car accident and need $$ for who knows what.

I will say that I was a little giddy this morning at the prospect, but am glad I let the mail sit for a while before responding.

2 comments:

MWR said...

Distrust anyone who does not answer every one of your questions, in order. These men are either frauds or untrustworthy. Also, if he chooses "C" a lot. Also, if he likes living "downtown" because of the "hopping scene."

Also, if he is "pretty Russian girl."

pnb_dave said...

Maybe he lives in White Center.