Pages

Monday, January 30, 2006

ah... a blissful weekend "away"

My two favorite chums and I rented a waterfront bungalow (daylight basement) on Bainbridge Island this past weekend. What a delight!

We slept in, read, talked until all hours of the night, explored Winslow, explored the bakery, shopped, played Boggle and relaxed for three days. We topped off our weekend "away" with a trip to IKEA. I have to say it was nice to turn off the tv and just be.

IKEA is always fun. Most of the furniture is small - but they have some great storage options.

Getting back to work today wasn't too terrible. It's hard to get my head in the game - but after two hours, I'm fully immersed.

My home was occupied while I was away by a friend who is getting a divorce. My cat was calmer than he would be if he didn't have a friend to hang out with. It's unfortunate that my pal has to endure sadness and personal agony for my cat to have a companion.

As I was spending time with SadGuy last night he said something along the lines of "I decided that we are going to ...."
and I was all like "um, why do you get to decide that for me?"
and he was all "I'm going through a divorce, I'm entittled to be a little selfish right now"
and I'm all like "Ok, how long are we going to have to live with that kind of decision making?"

I'm all for supportive friendship for as long as it takes. He didn't want to get a divorce and he's sad, but that doesn't entitle him to choose every movie or make every restaraunt choice for all eternity. I maybe rushing things, it's only been two weeks, so I will cut him a little slack.

In more better news (I've lost all will to use like my high school english skills) tomorrow is bonus pay out day! I'm considering a big purchase of a new home computer. I've got my eye on the iMac and am mulling over the risk of a combo monitor/cpu configuration. I can't imagine the risk is any greater with the iMac than it would be with a laptop. I'm not excited about a tower and monitor configuration. Anyway -- no decisions have to be made anytime soon and I will report back on the final outcome.

have a great week.

No comments: