Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's Mood Hair...

Sorry fella's - this is another post about my hair. Who knew girls could write or care so much about something so silly?

After living with the "Orange" hair for a few weeks and growing in a good half inch of "roots" I finally made an appointment to have my mane professionally color corrected.

During the color consultation the hair mistress suggested something absurd... dye my hair its true natural color and add in some highlights. What in the world was she thinking... my true natural color! I haven't been my true color since 1986 when SUN-IN hit the market.

Well, after getting up off the floor I agreed to go "natural". Turns out... I'm not blonde anymore. I may have been the Arian Posterchild in 1976 but in 2006, I'm more Ali McGraw than Ali McBeal. It's a little shocking to me, but pretty.

The highlights are a little too zebra stripy for my taste, but I think it will be easily corrected at the next highlight touch up session in 4 to 6 weeks.

Next time you see me... if you hate the 'natural color' keep it to yourself, because it's really me and I'm going to stick with it for a while.

3 comments:

MWR said...

But what color does that one male co-worker say it is?

tp_gal said...

He called me "Brownie" - which I can live with.

MWR said...

Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!