Pages

Monday, January 09, 2006

Look who's looking?

People thought John Lennon was a nut for saying that the government was spying on him, and oops it turned out to be true.

I'm discouraged but not surprised that Bushie would admit that he's tapping our phones. "If Al Qaida is calling you, we want to know why." Well so do I, I'm on the Al Qaida do-not-call list, so technically Bushie shouldn't be taping my phone. However, as a member of the online community who has voiced my extreme displeasure over Bushies plan for the world, I'm sure I'm on a list. A small potatoes list - but a list.

I do believe that all traffic on the Internet is monitored and not just unencrypted traffic ALL of it.

I just wish that Al Qaida wasn't the excuse for everything our government is doing. It's getting old.
We're invading Afghanistan... Al Qaida!
Invading Iraq. Saddam=Al Qaida (oil)
We think Iran is a threat. Al Qaida (oil)
We're tapping the phones of CNN Reporters. Al Qaida (Christiana A. is a ruthless B who tells the "truth" we'll fix her!)
We're going through your garbage. Al Qaida
Oil prices are out of control. Al Qaida (greed)
The economy is teetering on a dangerous edge. Al Qaida
There are people going hungry in America. What people?

I'm a patriot who's discouraged. I'm not going to go so far as Harry Belefonte and suggest that Bushie is the worlds most egregious terrorist. I think some of his predecessors may still be in the lead.
Bushie v. Hitler winner: Hitler
Bushie v. Pol Pot winner: Bushie
Bushie v. Saddam winner: Saddam (which is why it's tricky)
Bushie v. Ramsey Youssef winner: Bushie (Ramsey was a patsy)
Bushie v. Osama winner: Osama (dead) so second runner up?

Now I've gone and done it... I might be on a bigger list now. My hair clip is already on a do not fly list -- what else can they do to me?

4 comments:

MWR said...

Not to put too fine a point on it, but are you nuts? Cambodian Genocide.

MWR said...

Rereading your entry, I'm getting more confused. In addition to saying that George Bush is more "egregious" than one of the worst mass-murderers of the Twentieth Century, are you also proposing that Osama bin Laden is dead?

syp said...

Join the club, honey. I bet we are on the same list. I wish I could see the list, but I'm sure my FOIA request would get misplaced.

MWR said...

Interesting photos and text here. Click to the Ascension portfolio.