Pages

Friday, January 20, 2006

Warning: contains the plague and sex toys

I had dinner last weekend with friends. It was Chris' birthday so we met downtown (Renton) to try the newly re-opened McGowans. It has a fancy new name, taupe paint and hand-blown glass lights over the tables. The food was pretty good, the drinks were weak and while the dinner was fun I'm not sure it will be tops on my list of places to visit in the future.

Chris has a super cute three year old who for all outward appearances is a normal happy child. She is, however, teaming with diseases. I'm pretty sure that this is not just her problem - but more generally I believe that ALL three years olds are carriers of no less than 100 viruses including the plague. Someone alert the CDC, there's a 3 year old on the loose!

After a short gestation period, I was sitting on the bus and felt the urge to clear my throat. One short cough and all hell broke loose in my body. My back hurt, I felt weak and cold and my nose started to fill with unknown substances.

It has been three days and I’m looking forward to a weekend of Nyquil induced napping and possibly finishing the season one dvd’s of LOST. Upon achieving wellness, I will promptly run to Chris’ house and kick her ass. I will of course, suit up in a bio-hazzard outfit so as not to get the next strain of ebola that I'm sure Suzie McCute is handing out this week.

On a separate note, I just recieved a shipment of umbrellas that I ordred as give aways for a conference my company is hosting in February. The umbrellas have form fitting gel handles. Every person who has touched the handle has commented that it feels like something purchased from an adult toy store. Good CRAP, I've purchased a flacid penis for the chief security officers of MICROSOFT, BankofAmerica, IBM, HP, Chevron, Shell... and the list goes on and on! Welcome to Seattle, here's your sex toy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making our job easier with your thoughtful headline.