Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Grrrrr

I've outsourced the cleaning of my toilets at home and I love it. Every other Tuesday I come home to a cleaner house than I left that morning. I do more tidying before the cleaners come than I normally would do, so it's a double bonus.

I came home yesterday to a happy clean house. It was a new (to me) person and she actually cleaned more than what my contract states which is a treat.

HOWEVER.... this morning it all kind of faded away.

I awoke, not to the soothing sounds of my favorite radio station but to the sound of the Wednesday morning garbage truck. I thought to myself, wow they're here early, and then I opened my eyes. CRAP! Not early, my alarm was turned off. I jumped out of bed flipped on the radio for my a.m. dose of music and whoa, the radio was blaring a loud Rush Limbaugh type wacko yelling about the evils of liberals or something. I don't "do" politics before my shower and I certainly don't do that kind of intentionally offensive politics.

After returning the radio alarm back to the proper state I took a very nice shower. The warm water and a quick hop on the scale (today is the day I hit 80 pounds lost) I was back into my happy zen place. Well, until I put my new soft towel back on the bar. That's when I noticed the rather large stain. It is clear that the cleaning people were using a bleach based product on the shower doors and slopped it on the towels. Accidents happen, but she had to take the towel off the rack and turn it around so the stain was folded on the inside of the towel which says she noticed it. The other thing is that I just got these towels - they've been cleaning at my house for over a year and haven't harmed anything - but the month I get rid of nasty towels and put out expensive ones that's when the bleach starts flying around the bathroom.

So, now I have to call and bitch about my towels. I'm not good in this situation. I worry that the gal is going to get fired - which I don't want. I also know that in the scope of what is important in the world this isn't it; but I don't think I should have to suck it up either. I will, from now on, remove the towels from the bathroom and throw them in the washer on housekeeper day.

No comments: