Pages

Sunday, February 03, 2008

How sad is that?

While I was at Bartell's picking up the replacement bus pass I saw a photo album at the register.

It was clearly there for the viewing so I flipped it open while the clerk rang up my raisins and bus pass (and odd combo.) The album was filled with photos that had been developed but never picked up.

These abandoned photo's were pictures of cute kids, Christmas, weddings, babies, parties and vacations. I felt like a voyeur but had to look at every photo.

It made me wonder about the collections at photo places around the country. If I was eloquent I'd write a story for This American Life. I can hear Ira Glass in my head saying something profound about the moments in life that we choose to capture and yet are so fleeting that we can leave them behind at the Bartell's.

No comments: