Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Denver Trip

Thursday, J and I jetted off to Denver for his dad's 70th birthday and co-engagement party for us. Friday, John and Susie hosted a pizza party at their local parlor for a large number of family members. I was able to meet the best man and the good childhood friend. Both were super nice guys!
John (my future FIL) made reference to a night they all spent at Bucca di Beppo in the Pope Room. Check out the Pope hat. I was sure to move my chair away when he popped that on his head. I clearly didn't move far enough away because when his hand dipped in to the holy water (aka my water glass) I was blessed by accident as the "sacrament" flew across the table.










This is J's cousin checking out "THE" ring. I do love it, and don't mind showing it off, but I spent a lot of time over the weekend with my hand being checked out.


Pope "John"



The engagement/birthday party was held at the private school where Susie (MIL) works. It was a small affair with 50 of their closest friends.




This is me with John, and J popping in as the 'goofy' picture ninja.






Lastly, this is J and I by the 'bride & groom' dolls that adorned the fireplace. They are cute, but the fact that they had name tags (our names) was a special bit of cheese.
The party was lovely, and John & Susie's friends were so kind. It is clear that they adore J&S and think J is the cats meow.
In addition to the parties, we dined at J's favorite haunts in Denver. Sam's #3 for a wonderful breakfast, and then a trip into downtown for the hottest burrito I've ever not been able to eat at Benny's.
Monday night, J and I snuck out on our own to the Chop House for a date night. I felt a little guilty about spending an evening alone with J when we were only with his family for 4 days, but it was our valentine's day outing.
We (the whole big Seattle group) took the light rail into town and had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. We wandered around in the downtown mall area and checked out the Brown Palace (a historic Denver hotel.)
In addition to J and I, three sets of cousins from Seattle came with us for the party. It was nice to spend the time together. I'm happy with all the family bonding. If you read back over our journey I first said that I thought J was "overly into" his family, but now that I know them, I must say that I was wrong.

No comments: