Pages

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Swing Shift Data Processor

For the most part I am resigned to my impending job loss. I am trying to make the most of this temporary time of lesser responsibility at work and enjoying being home at the amazing hour of 4:15 every day.

I have the financial piece worked out and with 11 months of severance coming my way I am confident that the wedding and house purchase plan are completely within reason.

I have a potential job lined up and am excited by the prospect.

However, I am having stress dreams that wake me up at night and then I can't get back to sleep. Last night I dreamed (I want to say "dreamt" but clearly I can't spell it, or it isn't a word) that I turned in my laptop and blackberry and got my severance check for $1,000. I was trying to figure out how to pay my mortgage and got so twittered that I woke up.

Some stress is normal and thankfully I have the support of family and friends. I've been unemployed before and now have the benefit of more experience, superb references and a level of confidence in myself that I didn't have in 2001. I will be fine.. but damn it, why can't I stay asleep?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

any major life change [wanted or unwanted] will cause stress. It is normal to not be able to sleep. When I am in a panic in the middle of the night, I do this. Say to yourself. What are you afraid of? Why are you afraid of this? What is the worst possible thing that could happen to you concerning your fear? What will you do if this happened? Your dad thought me to this this. And if you can't get to sleep, get up, or do this. Count backwards and forwards from 105 and 2 at the same time. I.e. 105-2-104-3-103-4 I guarantee you will forget why you can't sleep. Now if you are a type a personality, you will get caught up in the counting, but you will forget about what is worrying you.

Seattle's "Paint Princess" said...

I think it is spealled 'dreampt" - no wait, that doesn't look right, either...yes it does! no, it doesn't. Ack!