Pages

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sweet Nothings

Last night there was a CSI marathon taking place in the livingroom.  We were many many episodes behind and wanted (needed) to see how Grissom left the show, but in order to do that we couldn't skip ahead.
 
I tell you this not because it was such a great departure or a stunning tv moment that left me in tears.  I tell you this because too much of one tv show can skew your view of the world.  I noticed this when watching episode after episode of Sex and The City.  I would find myself wearing odd clothes with my bra handing out the back, bitching about all the men I wasn't dating and hiking around the city in too tall shoes.
 
So, after the THIRD hour (not quite... because we don't do the commercials) there was a murder of a husband.  Poor guy was bonked on the head, and then burned to a savory Cajun crisp using the gas water heater, a mason jar and (no kidding) corn meal.  It was a very McGyver moment in my opinion.
 
J and I were sitting on the couch and I leaned over and whispered sweetly into his ear,  "I would never kill you like that."
 
He responded by quickly moving away and asking "Just how do you intend to kill me then?"
 
I mean please, would I even announce what was part of my evil plan? 
 
There's no plan. Honest.  Really...
 
Oh, and the update on the chair covers (because I KNOW you've been losing sleep is that the higher quoted price includes them coming back and picking up the items.  Now THAT is worth the extra 50 cents.   I know, I know, 70% of the people at the wedding will not even notice the chair covers, but I will. 
 

 

No comments: