Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

Wedding Minutia

Things are humming right along for the wedding. We met with the caterer last week to discuss the floor plan at the "Manor" and the meeting went great. I think I love our choice for caterers.

Pyramid Catering had great pricing, pulled together a clear bid and seems to be a partner in this nutty event. Not only did we discuss the floor plan, but we talked about the timing of the event (which was stressing me out a bit) and then we had a lengthy discussion about the color of the plates. Yes, in addition to chair covers we are concerned with white vs. cream plates. With all white linens in play we decided to upgrade to white plates at a cost per unit of $0.02 additional in the rental fees. No one will notice or comment on the 'white plates' but the additional $18 in rental charges seemed worth it for plates that match. I likely wouldn't have noticed myself until it was mentioned by our coordinator, but once the color difference was pointed out, I needed to fix it.

SERIOUSLY... I'm about to lose my job and I'm "worried" about white vs. cream plates. WOW

The other fun (to me) news is that we ordered our invitations. Woo woo! J is a great sport... it was about a 2 hour activity to get all the details worked out and he stayed with us the whole time. I know he could care less about the selection of claret vs. maroon for ink color but he stayed focused.

Last night we started looking at wedding rings for J. Like most things for the wedding, the man jewelry is far less expensive than the woman jewelry. That's ultimately a nice thing, but it might be easy to think that the man-band means less because its value priced, but that isn't the case.

Anywho... other exciting news is related to the wedding favors and I can really only share that with the girls in the wedding party - so neener neener, no details for you.

Ok... gotta go. There will be more news on this topic as the months roll on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many food-washing stations will there be?

Seattle's "Paint Princess" said...

You will not regret the white plates! And it totally DOES matter!