Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

New Digs


As part of the shrinking staff at former MegaBank they are consolidating staff in the building. Instead of supporting 18 people on floor 6 and 24 on floor 7 and so on, they moved us up in the building to fill in spots on other floors.

In this reshuffle I lost my "office" but learned this morning that I gained a window! I'm on the 21st floor and look out over the Puget Sound. I can see the ferries zipping across to the islands and can watch the big ships pull into port and drop their wares. I also have a view of the new Four Seasons hotel, which is mostly roof to me, but they are still working on it, so there's activity.

I have to say that this view is pretty great and it's too bad that the circumstances in which it came to me are so awful. But, I am determined to enjoy it for the next 46 days, or 30 days if you take away holidays, weekends and some schedules "remote working' days.

No comments: