Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Apple Cup 2009

The Apple Cup is coming and I will proudly wear my WSU alumni garb this week.

I've never been one for clinging to the rivalry and now that I'm married to people who are alumni's of UW I'm kind of a UW-in-law. The ribbing is fine as long as its in good nature, but I worry about those folks who graduated 10-15 years ago who are still making the stupid french fry joke.
What does a UW WSU graduate ask after graduation? "Do you want fries with that?"

Har Har...

Anyway, one thing is special about this year's Apple Cup. If I can be frank - both teams kind of suck. WSU has a 1-10 record and UW a slightly better 3-7. Still, not much to be proud of on either side of the 50 yard line.

You never know, sometimes when only pride is on the line the game can be more exciting. I will don my crimson sweatshirt and have the game on in the background Saturday. I'm confident that at least one of the teams will win.

Go Cougs!

No comments: