Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

They told me to call

We had a security system installed in the house and the installer said we needed to confirm that 911 has our address in the system. Seemed reasonable because it's a new neighborhood and mapquest and google maps can't quite get you to our place.

I called the administrative division of the Renton police department and was told to call 911. Yikes, I didn't really want to do that but since that was what I was told to do so I did it.

For some reason my heart started to race as I dialed. I didn't want to be one those idiots who makes the news for being a dumbass. You know, that guy who called 911 because he wanted sex, don't we all buddy.

911: what's your emergency?
TP: this is a test call to see if our address registers in the system, the Renton police department told me to call you.
911: you should always check every time you move. What's your address?

The whole call took less than a minute. It's funny that the nervousness was palpable.

It's good information to know that you should check the address with 911 when you move. I won't be moving for quite a while but I thought I would share.

No comments: